The Pricketts Fort Memorial Foundation seeks historical interpreters and craftspeople to fill male roles for full-time and part-time seasonal positions beginning in April 2021. Knowledge of 18th & 19th century regional history, ability to demonstrate daily life skills or historic craft, and enthusiasm for working with the public are required. A degree in history or education is desirable. Apply by sending cover letter and resume by mail to Pricketts Fort SEARCH, 88 State Park Road, Fairmont, WV 26554 by March 17, 2023. The Foundation does not accept resumes electronically.
- Demonstrate and interpret regional male roles of 18th century frontier fort
- Interpret the 19th century Job Prickett House
- Provide specialized talks and guided tours
- Conduct school tours
- Assist with special educational programs
- Every day fort maintenance
- Assist with special events and encampments as needed